full-time position | salary is BOE
Skill and Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience, design related a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
- Work well under pressure; able to multi-task, prioritize, in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to follow through on multiple projects at varying stages.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of interior design/decoration.
- Knowledge of architectural plans, hand drafting and drawing.
- Proficient in Studio Webware software a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Work well in a collaborative setting. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects without supervision using tact and discretion.
- Positive, respectful, mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Available to work additional hours, as occasionally required to meet deadlines.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
Daily Work Responsibilities
- Assist Principle and Project Manager with identification of furnishings, finishes and fabric palettes.
- Facilitate vendor communication for sourcing, pricing and proposal documentation.
- Coordinate required alterations such as upholstery, painting, etc.
- Prepare detailed client proposals for purchase.
- Prepare detailed vendor purchase orders and coordinate associated approvals with Principal and Project Manager.
- Facilitate moving logistics and installation schedule.
- Maintain budget and cost tracking in coordination with client’s expectations.
- Oversee timely completion, and delivery and/or installation to project site. This aspect of the job can be physically demanding.
- Maintain documentation of project correspondence (clients, vendors, subcontractors, architects), specification selections, finish samples, fabric palettes, and drawings.
- Prepare powerpoint or word documents for presentation to client.
- Assist with development of custom furniture, furnishings, and lighting.
- Coordinate shop drawing review with team members.
- Answer incoming calls, assist with mailings, scheduling, and additional duties as requested.
- Help maintain sample library; develop resources, edit existing samples and contribute to general order of the office.
PLEASE SUbmit ALL INQUIRIES & resumes VIA EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org